Laundromat Colorado Springs
Tips for Folding Shirts Laundry Quickly
May 26, 2021
There aren’t many people that look forward to laundry day. Washing and drying your clothes takes enough time as is, but folding clothes is a chore that is time-consuming, repetitive, and hard to get right. If you’re doing your laundry at a local laundromat, folding your clothing once it's clean is an essential step that will help cut down on wrinkles and make for quick and easy put away when you return home.
At LaundryLounge, we have three high-quality laundromats in Colorado Springs. We know that doing your laundry right can take some time, but we’re here to help. Below, our laundry experts share helpful tips for folding shirts the right way. Whenever it is time to fold your laundry, make sure to keep these guidelines in mind to speed up the process:
- Have a designated folding space. Find a flat, clean, and large enough space to put your clean laundry on and fold. Most laundromats will have folding tables that will make folding both faster and easier.
- Start as soon as you can. Time is of the utmost importance when it comes to folding. For the best results, fold your clean laundry while it is still warm from the dryer cycle. When warm, clothes are more pliable which makes it easy to eliminate wrinkles.
- Separate what needs to be placed on hangers. Not all clothes are meant to be folded. Make sure you separate the clothes that you typically place on hangers and hang in the closet so that you can power through your laundry pile.
- Fold similar clothing types at the same time. Folding similar clothing, like tops or bottoms together can help you quickly fold your pile of laundry and keep everything organized
How to Fold T-Shirts
1. Lay the t-shirt flat and smooth it out.
Place your t-shirt face down on the fold on a folding surface. Pull on the edges with both hands to get rid of any wrinkles or bumps.
2. Fold in the sides of the shirt.
Take one side of the shirt and fold it vertically, halfway between the neckline and the start of the sleeve. Repeat on the right side.
3. Fold the t-shirt in half.
Fold the t-shirt in half by bringing the bottom hem up to the top. Flip it over and your t-shirt should be neatly folded.
How to Fold a Long-Sleeved Shirt
1. Lay the shirt flat and smooth it out.
Lay the shirt face down and pull on the edges to smooth out any bumps or wrinkles. If you are folding a buttoned long sleeve shirt, make sure it is buttoned.
2. Fold one sleeve across the back of the shirt.
Take a sleeve across the back of the shirt to create a fold between the neckline and the start of the sleeve. Use your hand to smooth out the inside fold.
3. Fold the sleeve down.
Fold the sleeve down, lining it up lengthwise with the edge of the shirt, creating a diagonal fold. Repeat the second and third steps with the other sleeve.
4. Fold the shirt in half.
The final step is to fold the shirt in half. Do this by bringing the bottom hem of the long-sleeved shirt to the top.
You’re not alone — folding shirts is something that takes time to get right. By following these tips, we hope you are able to fold your shirts with ease! Remember, if you’re doing your laundry at LaundryLounge, we have folding tables, chairs, and a friendly staff that can help make the process quicker!
If you have dirty laundry piling up, LaundryLounge is your number one Colorado Springs destination. Contact us today or visit our website to find a premium laundromat near you.